Sunday, February 12, 2012

Appliance of the week.

So...I bought a new kitchen appliance this week. It might seem like it was unnecessary, but I assure you, it was definitely not.


I put it to use the minute it arrived.


Raspberry waffle! With almond butter and maple syrup.


This is going to be my new weekend breakfast tradition. I am so excited.

In other news, remember the time I bought tomatillos at the farmer's market? I picked those up to make some tomatillo salsa. So very refreshing! And very easy to make.


1. Chop the tomatillos.


2. Add cilantro, water, salt, lemon juice from 1/2 lemon, garlic (3 cloves).


3. Blend.

What better way to eat tomatillo salsa than with some enchiladas? I hadn't made enchiladas in months. It was about time. I decided to get back into the enchilada making gradually with simple pinto bean and spinach enchiladas.




I took these for lunch everyday this past week and it never got old. Especially with the tomatillo salsa and a side of guacamole.

Lastly, I have to share this because it is awesome:


Best gift ever. And now I have yet another source for meal ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment