Monday, May 14, 2012

Goodbye quinoa.

So...I'm alive.

I don't even know where to begin with the updates. And I have a million pictures to share. This just means there are a lot of blog updates coming your way. (And this time I mean it).

Hooray!

Okay. So about 3 weeks ago, I made this delicious meal that I ate for dinner everyday. And I'm finally getting around to sharing it with you. Make it. You will not regret it.


BBQ Lentil Lettuce Wraps


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup uncooked lentils
  • 2-3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
  • 1-2 teaspoons smoked paprika
  • salt
  • ~1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (I used 1 small can)
  • veggies of choice (carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, etc)
  • romaine lettuce
  • optional: green chilies

Cook the lentils.


Stir in mushrooms, BBQ sauce, salt, smoked paprika, and green chilies.


Scoop onto a lettuce leaf and top with veggies of choice. I used shredded carrots and yellow bell pepper.


Not the most photogenic of meals, but actually quite satisfying! And complete in 3 easy steps.

So what have I been doing lately? One weekend I went to New Orleans (food pictures to follow in the next post!) and one week I had surgery on my mouth and was (and still am) unable to eat most food items. It is quite the sad situation. Luckily, my juicer has come in handy! Unluckily, I am not allowed to eat quinoa, chia seeds, carrots, or nuts for the next 3 months. 

Breakfast ideas are welcome...I've been eating overnight oatmeal with chia seeds for over a year now!

No comments:

Post a Comment