Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Healthy on-the-go.

I promised you a recap of my adventures and here they are...but in TFG style!

I got the chance to go to Washington DC for several days last week. I hit up the main attractions of course but I was mostly interested in getting some good food, obviously. 


Unfortunately, it is difficult to travel with so many food restrictions, but fortunately, it forces me to get creative!

Exhibit A: my life saver for the long days I spent in training when I needed a quick and satisfying snack.


I love my nut butters in pretty much any form... So I ate them straight from the packet of course.

I also kept a box of nut thins and a few Lara bars in my purse at all times. Have I mentioned my appetite is a little out of control?

Luckily, salads are available in pretty much any restaurant so I was always able to get in my daily serving of vegetables! And sometimes the salads were even exciting:


This was a random assortment of already prepared veggies (including fried eggplant and pickled cauliflower!). The restaurant was similar to a Mediterranean-style Chipotle, so I made myself a delicious veggie bowl.

The star of the weekend was this beauty:


A gluten-free waffle sandwich!!! With mozzarella, tomato, and arugula. I can't even describe how happy I was to eat this.

Apart from the eating and training and sight-seeing I was also able to squeeze in a couple of quick workouts, including a hotel room HIIT. It took some extra motivation for me to workout while traveling but it was definitely worth it afterwards, plus I felt more like myself! 

What are your healthy on-the-go tips? I would love to hear them for the next time I travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment