Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Killer tofu

Remember the time two weeks ago I promised you a super exciting recipe? Well here it is...a recipe I came up with three weeks ago. I promise it was delicious. And I promise only half of it involved the steamer aka my favorite new cooking apparatus.

Chili Lime Tofu

  • 1 block firm tofu
  • 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
  • Juice of one large lime
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 tablespoon chili paste (or more depending on desired spice level
  • A small handful of cilantro
  • 3-4 teaspoons coconut oil

Cut the block of tofu into desired shape (I cut mine into triangles). Set aside.

In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients minus the coconut oil.

Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, and drizzle the coconut oil over the pan. Place as many tofu triangles over the pan as can fit. Allow the tofu to cook for a minute until slightly browned, and add the chili lime sauce.


Flip the tofu and keep on the pan until both sides are fully browned.


I served this along with some steamed eggplant and collards (seasoned with soy sauce and hoisin sauce) and quinoa.


I have to tell you about the crazy workout I decided to do today during my lunch break. If you feel like getting a short burst of cardio in, I would definitely recommend this. But I'm warning you...it is painful. In a good way of course.


And it made it so much better that I was in an almost empty gym. I was so close to quitting, but pushed through and boy did I feel sweaty after that. Too bad I had to go back to work after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment