Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hm.

It has been a lack of cooking, lack of working out weekend (sort of). Fail. It's okay though, because sometimes the fitness gourmet needs to be a regular kid and hang out with her friends, too!

The reason for my lack of serious working out was because I promised my kickboxing class that they'd see a new routine this week. I procrastinated. Hence, I had to practice my routine, and I counted that as my work out. I'm really excited for this routine; it's full of knee lifting and hopping (great for abs) and high impact double bob and weaves (fun in general). The catchy music is always a plus. Move Shake Drop + In the Ayer...you can't go wrong with those!!

This week is okra week. I was pretty indecisive about what to feature this week, but I'm so glad I have my blog fans that give me input :). I felt like making an okra snack today rather than a meal. Also, Alyssa was using the oven, so I decided to capitalize on that. So I made baked okra.

I definitely made this recipe up, so the measurements are very arbitrary. First I cut up some okra.


I decided I wanted the okra to be nice, crispy, and breaded. So I combined about 1/3 cup of whole wheat flour, 1/5 cup of egg whites, some olive oil, salt, and parmesan in a bowl.


I coated the okra with this.


Then I sprinkled some oregano on top. I put this in the oven (350 degrees) for 20 minutes, until it was crispy.


I'd recommend eating this right out of the oven, when crispiness is at its peak. If you wait, it gets a little chewy...

I'm still obsessing over the fudge I made on Friday night. I'm eating bowls of it (after heating it in the microwave). SO GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment