Thursday, October 21, 2010

I have spaghetti squash growing out of my ears.

I simply am unable to eat the amount of spaghetti squash that I have. It's kind of a problem.

On the bright side, I am coming up with lots of new ideas to use it, so if I ever do buy a spaghetti squash again (which will not be for quite a long time) I won't have to look up recipes!

This week has been a salad week. No, I'm not trying to diet or anything. I just really like spinach salads. So I integrated my lovely spaghetti squash into a salad for dinner today. I made a southwest style spaghetti squash salad. Talk about a versatile vegetable--spaghetti squash can become anything you want it to be!

Ingredients:

  • fresh spinach
  • spaghetti squash
  • olives
  • red beans (pinto or black also work)
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • green bell pepper


I still had to cook the leftover 1/4 of the squash, so I readied the other ingredients in the meantime. Then I dumped a LOT of spaghetti squash into the salad.


I still have a lot left over. Seriously, it's growing out of my ears.

Anyway, I made a dressing by mixing cumin and lemon juice.


I mixed this and some balsamic vinaigrette into the salad. Mmm....refreshing!!! Oh spaghetti squash, you never let me down.

2 comments:

Cynthia Tay said...

next time don't get the watermelon size spaghetti squash...they have normal sized ones too :)

Tulika said...

good tip, ctay :)

Post a Comment