Sunday, April 17, 2011

Frozen foods and (VIDEO)!

Before you read the rest of this post...


When I went to the doctor, I was told to eat soup, mashed potatoes, and ICE CREAM. I asked her a million times if she really meant that. She said, "If eating ice cream makes you feel better, then sure. Why not?" 

I was excited. {I just stopped writing to go eat some ice cream}.

I was so excited, that I took the excitement to a new level and went to the grocery store and picked up all kinds of "comfort food." I'm not cooking this week. At the very least, I'm not cooking anything very extravagant. So...this is what I left with:


Lots of frozen stuff, crackers, and a bag of spinach. Who am I? I don't even know anymore. 

But really, the thought of chewing and swallowing carrots is quite unpleasant. And the thought of opening up a box and microwaving it and eating it 1 minute later is just delightful. #Dramatic.

I'll also have you know that I spent 20 minutes in the frozen section debating about which items to get. And then went to the other side of the store and came back to the frozen section to make sure I bought the right items. I'm sure the other customers at Sunflower Market thought I was a complete weirdo. I'm just thorough when I buy things. Too thorough.

Anyway, I put one of my frozen purchases to use for lunch today.


If you are skeptical about the ingredients in this, don't be. I checked them, and they are entirely legit. The ingredients are all natural and all organic.


And it was tasty.

The only downside is that pre-packaged food does not fill me up like my own food does. I have to do something about this.

So I obviously had to eat some dessert afterwards. Dessert and ice cream are not the same thing, by the way.

Sort of like a cinnamon roll...but with chocolate instead!
This week, I'll be documenting a lot of my eats rather than giving you recipes. I'll also make sure to add in a joke or two. :) But in all seriousness, for those of you who are short on time and wouldn't mind purchasing frozen foods, hopefully the next few review posts will be helpful to you. 

I received an interesting comment from Liana in yesterday's post. She requested, since Passover starts tomorrow night, that I come up with some filling recipe ideas for Passover. According to Liana, this means "meals without bread (and bread products, anything leavened), barley, wheat, rye, oats, rice, beans (and other legumes), corn, pasta, soy." When I first read that, I couldn't think of ANYTHING that would fit that criteria! Since then, I've come up with a few ideas. However, I may have to start this challenge later this week when I get to cooking again. 

I love all of your ideas! Keep them coming!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

that dessert looks amazing what is it?!

Tulika said...

It's called chocolate rugalach...I found it at the bakery section at Sunflower. SO good!

Post a Comment