Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WIAW: Influenza edition.

There are few things that make being sick an okay experience. Food is not one of them.

Do you feel me here? Or am I the only one who loses my appetite when ill? 

Anyway, one of the few things I like is being able to lie on the couch for hours on end watching mindless tv. My tv show of choice today was Brothers and Sisters.

...Don't judge. I'm sure you would be doing the same thing. Plus it's a comforting show with just the right amount of drama to keep me engaged for 10+ hours.

I think it's obvious that I hardly left the couch today. And I think it's obvious that I did not cook any elaborate meals. However, I still ate my three square meals.

So without further ado, my eats of the day. Influenza style. 

Breakfast: overnight oats + gigantic mug of green tea. (This is what I eat for breakfast most days).

Overnight oats: 1/2 cup oats + frozen berries + 1 tbsp chia seeds + walnuts + milk stirred and left in the fridge overnight.
Lunch: a la Guilin. (P.S. THEY DELIVER). If you haven't heard of Guilin, it's a small Chinese restaurant, and half of their menu is vegetarian items. And they have items that include wheat gluten instead of tofu. And they eliminate oil upon request. 

Steamed brown rice + mixed veggies with "veggie chicken" (wheat gluten) + hot and sour soup + egg roll
Let's take a closer look at that wheat gluten. So. Good.


And about that egg roll? Very little oil and yet so delicious. I don't know how they do it.


Too bad my appetite wasn't up to it's usual ravenous standards, otherwise I would have enjoyed it 1000 times more. 

Snack: chocolate chip "ice cream."

Blend: frozen banana + splash almond milk + chocolate chips
Fun way to get your nutrients in!

Dinner: easy sammich.

Toasted baguette + melted swiss + spinach + tomatoes + cucumber & carrots mixed with rice vinegar + jalapeno cilantro hummus
Dessert: a spoonful of honey. My mom informed me that honey is a natural way to reduce a cough (even better than a cough drop!).


And I rounded out the night with another gigantic mug of tea.


And now I will finish my last episode of Brothers and Sisters before heading to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment