Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Confession Tuesday.

I have a confession.

I've been slacking in the kitchen department. Cooking department? I don't know. I just don't want to eat anything remotely hot at the moment. Maybe because I don't want to turn the stove on because it takes too much energy. Energy --> calorie burning --> sweat.

And no one likes sweat.

Okay, I do. But sweat has a time and a place. And the place is not in the kitchen whilst cooking.

I'll get over this phase by tomorrow. But for now, let's talk about this icy mango lassi that I finally got to make with a ripe mango! (I'm really on a roll with the Indian recipes lately, eh?).


Mango Lassi


Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe mango, roughly chopped
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon brown rice syrup (or 1-2 teaspoons sugar)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 4-5 ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.


Drinking it by the poolside is optional.


Mmm...mangoes. Fun fact: I used to be allergic to mangoes. Thank goodness that allergy magically disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment