Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cooling off.

I'm going to give you a little break from the nutritious? delicious? complete? meals I've been posting lately, and do something a bit more summery.

Besides the yoga pants I'm sewing out of a t-shirt. (Yeah...I changed my mind and decided against making the dress. Maybe someday. But the pants are pretty cool looking if you ask me).


Uhh. Anyway. I originally planned to make mango lassi. That didn't work because of all the mangoes in the produce section, I managed to pick the one that was most raw. And I didn't realize it until I began to cut it and... it refused to cut.

That just means you'll be seeing some mango lassi in the future, if I can get my hands on a squishy mango.

But for now, if this doesn't scream summer, then I don't know what does.


Nectarine Ginger Smoothie


Ingredients:
  • 1 nectarine, roughly chopped
  • 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or a combination of milk + yogurt)
  • ~1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger
  • 2 cardamom seeds
  • drizzle of honey (or ~1-2 teaspoons sugar)
  • handful of ice

Magic ingredient: cardamom.


Take two of the seeds, break them open, extract the insides and smash them. Use this for the smoothie.

Blend all the ingredients until combined. The end result will be nice and frothy!


Perfect to sip by the poolside. Or by the window by the poolside.

No comments:

Post a Comment