Monday, June 13, 2011

PESTO! Part II.

The first time I made pesto seems like so long ago.

Yesterday, I decided to increase the fancy factor of my eggplant non-parmesan meal and make a spinach pesto to go alongside the dish. 

Not just any spinach pesto, a nutless spinach pesto.

Well that is just unheard of. Pesto with no nuts? What's next, quinoa for breakfast?

I bet the majority of you are not even a little surprised at that statement. Aww, you know me so well!


Light Spinach Pesto

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups cooked spinach (I used frozen + thawed)
  • 3 teaspoons chopped basil
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 teaspoons parsley
  • salt/pepper
  • juice of half a lemon (about 1 tablespoon)

Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.


Serve with whole wheat pasta and sauteed mushrooms for garnish!


Eaten with the eggplant parm, this meal was ridiculously fancy. And ridiculously healthy. And ridiculously easy. 

Can't wait to hear if you make this! (Seriously, it makes my day when you tell me you make my recipes)!

No comments:

Post a Comment