Monday, August 22, 2011

We be skewin'.

There's this thing I've been wanting to make all summer long, and this weekend, I finally got around to it.

Roasted vegetable skewers!!

But not just any roasted vegetable skewers. Because that's no fun.

I need some spice in life.

Enter:


Tandoori paste. I found this in the Indian aisle at Lee Lee market, but I'm sure it's available at any Asian or Indian store.

I basically followed the directions on the bottle on how to make Tandoori Chicken. But of course I didn't use chicken. Instead, I used a variety of chopped veggies (red bell pepper/mushroom/zucchini) and some tofu that I lightly fried.

I marinated the veggies and tofu in the Tandoori paste (mixed with a bit of plain yogurt) overnight.


Then assembled them on skewers...


The engineer in me has to do everything symmetrically, especially when it comes to cooking. If you haven't noticed already.

Bake in the oven at 350F for 20-25 minutes. These would have been infinitely better had I been able to grill them! But they were still deeelicious.


So delicious. In fact, I couldn't stop eating these! Eating too many vegetables should not be considered a problem.


Pseudo-Indian food is the best! Speaking of Indian food, I learned how to cook dal today! Get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment