Monday, November 29, 2010

Hello there, blog. Nice to see you again!

It's been way too long since the last time I updated.

Fortunately for you, I am back with a vengeance! And so is my cooking!

I have a lot to say.

On Thanksgiving day, I went to a Zumba class. (Typical Tulika, blah blah blah). For the next 3 days, my obliques/abs/core was sore. Yesterday, I went to the same Zumba class. The soreness never really had a chance to go away.

The point I am trying to make here is that I think Zumba is on to something. So yesterday, on a whim, I decided that for my kickboxing class (today) I would change the warm up and make it "Zumba" style. I also thought I'd switch out my regular killer abs-on-a-mat workout and substitute it with a Zumba-esque abs workout. And that's not all. I thought I'd use some kind of Hindi/Bhangra/really hip and catchy Indian song for the abs portion.

I think my class enjoyed it. Plus it made the usual routine more interesting. Especially the part where I blasted Bhangra through the speakers at the rec.

Anyway, after teaching my class, I attended yet another Zumba class (I apparently didn't get enough of a work out with TurboKick), but halfway through the class I felt really exhausted. So I stuck around for a couple more songs and left after 40 minutes.

In summary: I came home and wanted to eat something ASAP.

By the way, it's kale week!!!


What's the easiest way to get full quickly? Eggs.

I made poached eggs and sauteed kale and placed them on slices of wheat toast.

Egg--mid poaching.

Kale-- sauteed in olive oil and garlic and herb seasoning. 

Sprinkled with a little salt and pepper on top.

The egg looks pretty artsy. Actually what happened was, I didn't use a slotted spoon when taking the poached egg out of the water. And the egg yolk broke while using a regular spoon. So I had to rescue some of the yolk and hence the artsy looking yolk on top.

I highly recommend using a slotted spoon. It's a lot easier. 


2 comments:

OSLiM said...

Nice Depth of Field on that last pic!

Tulika said...

Thanks :D glad it was appreciated!!

Post a Comment