Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cookies for breakfast!

The last thing on students' minds before taking exams is eating. And eating healthy food, at that. And breakfast? Pfft. What is that anyway?

Side note: breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. In fact, the moment I wake up, I think about breakfast.

What if you could have an easy, healthy breakfast to go when you're rushed and stressed before an exam?

I have a solution for you.

Enter: healthy breakfast cookie. This can either be prepared the night before, put in the fridge, and ready to eat in the morning, or prepared in the morning and microwaved.

Since I made this after dinner, I made it more like a light dessert.

In this version, I mashed up one banana and microwaved it for 30 seconds. Then I added 3 tablespoons of rolled oats, 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of chopped almonds.


I mixed it together, flattened it on a plate, and microwaved it for 1 minute. Then I added some chopped dark chocolate on top.


The chocolate melted quite nicely, and the cookie stayed together!


And I also topped this version with some nonfat Greek yogurt (not pictured). But this is a perfect on the go breakfast!!

For heavier versions, I would suggest adding more oats, a couple of tablespoons of milk, some shredded coconut, nut butters (peanut, almond, or SunButter), other nuts (walnuts, pecans), or seeds (chia, flax, pumpkin). Also for sweeteners, vanilla, cinnamon, or honey could work instead of brown sugar.

The mix-in possibilities are endless!

3 comments:

Cynthia Tay said...

awesome!! Thanks for listening to your fans :)

Anonymous said...

you should cut it up in littler circles and put it in a bowl of milk.
like coOokie crisp.
-nirantha

April said...

Awwwwese gonna make this right now!

Post a Comment