Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dance party!

Most of you were probably wondering why I was going to Zumba® classes four times a week for the past few months. I was preparing...

And as of today I am a licensed Zumba® fitness instructor! Hooray.

As for food, I made my last root vegetable meal of the week yesterday.

Roasted Sweet Potato with Coconut Oil

Peel and chop thin slices of sweet potato and arrange it on a baking dish. Drizzle coconut oil over them and coat evenly. Keep in mind, coconut oil is semi-solid at room temperature, so if the sweet potato is cold, the coconut oil will become solid instantly. Not to worry--the sweet potato will soak up the coconut oil flavor in the oven.

You are not seeing things-- there is some bell pepper on the side of the baking pan. Explanation to follow.

For a bit of extra protein, I sprinkled some nutritional yeast on the slices as well.

Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes total. Make sure to check on it after 20 minutes to flip the slices.


This actually turned out really crispy and quite enjoyable!

Egg Stuffed Bell Peppers

I had an extra red bell pepper. (A very tall red pepper. So I cut the top 1/3 of it off and roasted it with the sweet potatoes). And I also had half of a container of egg substitute. 

This was a really interesting mix of flavors. I poured the egg into the bell pepper and sprinkled some pepper and oregano atop it. I put this in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the egg was thoroughly cooked.


This is definitely a meal in itself, especially if the bell pepper is large! This could also be a potentially really convenient breakfast to take out the door. Also it has a satisfying chomp to it. 

5 comments:

OSLiM said...

CONGRATS!!! :D

Where are the pictures this time :( ?

Tulika said...

Oslim, you clearly did not read the paragraph about my lack of pictures for this post! Not to worry, I'll add them when I am reunited with my camera tomorrow.

Tulika said...

Oh and thanks!! :)

OSLiM said...

This is a great one!! That last picture looks delec too!

Sorry about my not reading, lol

Tulika said...

It was pretty delec :) you should try it!

Post a Comment