Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mmm...protein powder?

I've been experimenting with ways to incorporate protein powder in foods other than protein shakes. Today, I tried protein pancakes.

This recipe is really going to need some tweaking, especially in the taste department. But that's what experiments are about, right?

And next time, I'm definitely using chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla. And perhaps some mix-ins and toppings.

So here is protein pancake experiment #1.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • sprinkle of cinnamon

I blended the oats until the consistency was almost flour-like.


I added the protein powder and milk.


And the cocoa powder. Blend.


These cook really quickly on the skillet.


Quite a cookie-like texture!


I topped mine with honey and coconut oil. It still didn't eliminate the protein powder taste. Stay tuned for experiment #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment