Sunday, December 26, 2010

Designated Food Day.

Although I have no elaborate recipes to discuss today, I do have lots of delectable food items I'd like to show you.

#1. Hemp seed veggie patty from Hopdoddy Burger Bar.

 With all kinds of healthy fixings, including avocado, sunflower sprouts, and delicious sharp cheddar!

I wish I could eat hemp seed patties all the time. (Don't even get me started on hemp seeds...they are so full of protein and are considered a super food!). Needless to say, I demolished that burger.


After that beast of a burger, a light dinner was quite necessary. (Refer to numbers 2 and 3).

#2. Bruschetta thins.

 
Whole wheat sandwich thins topped with Boursin cheese, fresh spinach, sliced tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Grilled to perfection!

#3. Spinach salad.

Fresh spinach, cubed grapefruit, and sliced tomato dressed with sesame shiitake vinaigrette and garnished with a pepperoncini.

#4. Chocolate chip cookie dough dip. [Original recipe from Jessica].

The light dinner called for a sugary, buttery, and simply irresistible dessert. Sometimes you just can't help these things.

Plus, ever since I saw this post on the How Sweet blog, I'd been dying to try it. It was quite successful, yet so different from anything I usually post on my blog.

The process:






The dip was warm when I added the chocolate chips, so I had a very chocolate looking cookie dough dip. But the melted chocolate chips added a nice texture.


I dipped both animal crackers and pretzels into the dip. DELICIOUS. And I will definitely be going on a run tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment