Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ideas, videos, and snacks.

I have failed to mention my newest lunch development. For the past week, I've been using this...


...as a sandwich spread! It is incredibly convenient, and no other condiments are necessary. I've been using one wedge of cheese and lots of fresh spinach as a filling for my sandwiches. 

In fitness news, I have a couple more Zumba videos up from the class I taught yesterday. You may find them here and here. The first one focuses on legs and the second is more dancey. 

I realize I've been slacking on the TurboKick videos lately! Do you have a preference? Would you also like to see other workouts?

---

To conclude snack week, I have a new and improved version of a recipe I have previously shown: crunchy snacky chickpeas

This time, I changed it up to a salty and spicy flavor. I think I prefer this savory batch to the sweet one I made previously. (And this time, the chickpeas didn't burn!)

Crunchy Snacky (Salty&Spicy) Chickpeas

Ingredients:
  • 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • paprika
  • olive oil
Preheat oven to 350F.

Rinse the chickpeas and put them in a bowl.

Drizzle olive oil  into the bowl (I used ~1/2 tablespoon). Coat thoroughly, and then add desired amount of salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix.


Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet.


Bake for 15-20 minutes. 


And your salty, crunchy snack is ready.


This can easily be experimented with different kinds of flavors. And this snack is extremely healthy, so you don't even have to feel guilty for eating the entire batch! 


Earlier this week, I made a vegan, whole wheat chocolate chip cookie in less than 10 minutes (cooking time included). Intrigued? I will feature the recipe soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment