Friday, February 18, 2011

Enchiladas.

I went to a yoga class on Wednesday for the first time in a really long time. It was great. I enjoyed it thoroughly because it included lots of planks, lots of downward dogs, and lots of chaturangas! Needless to say, I was definitely sweating by the end of class.

And I woke up on Thursday with sore abs. That was a nice bonus!

I was feeling so great, I went to another yoga class on Thursday. My knee problem seems to have already disappeared. Yoga really is like magic! I'm hoping to do a yoga session tomorrow with either yoga download or Dave Farmar

---

Enchiladas are really fun to make and are not as intimidating as they seem. If you haven't noticed, I like to make them every so often! My latest enchiladas had a little twist to them--kabocha squash!!

Kabocha Enchiladas

Ingredients:
  • corn tortillas
  • 1 can enchilada sauce
  • 1/4 kabocha squash
  • olive oil
  • shredded 2% cheese
  • salt/pepper
  • optional: other veggies

Before preparing the enchiladas, I put the kabocha squash in the oven for a few minutes at 350F. I was given the helpful tip that partially or fully baking the squash makes cutting into it easier. It really did help!

Chop the kabocha squash and other veggies. I happened to have mushroom and bell pepper, so I used those.


Saute the kabocha in olive oil for 7-10 minutes on medium heat. Then add the other veggies and continue to saute for another 5 minutes. The kabocha will be soft when fully cooked. Add salt and pepper.


Prepare the enchiladas by covering both sides of each corn tortilla in enchilada sauce, and topping the tortilla with a couple of spoonfuls of the kabocha mixture and desired amount of cheese. 


Roll the tortilla and place it in a non-stick sprayed baking dish. Repeat with desired number of tortillas. 


Top with more enchilada sauce and more cheese. 


Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. 


I made this before going for my workout today. I tried a bite to see how it turned out. 


And then I ate an entire enchilada. And then proceeded to debate whether or not to skip going to the rec in order to eat more.

Don't worry, I ended up going to the rec. Eating these afterwards was even better!

Tomorrow I will be sharing some foods that several of you have been asking me to share for quite awhile...(cliffhanger). See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment