Saturday, March 19, 2011

Eating in the neighborhood.

By neighborhood, I mean sunshine.

I recently realized that if I move out of this crazy hot state, I probably won't see this much sun again. So I decided to sit outside today.


And then went inside before I could get a tan. Heh.

Some recent meals...

Breakfast buckwheat bake with strawberries and blueberries, topped with coconut almond butter.

Garbanzo bean flat bread, swiss chard chips, carrots and jalapeno hummus.
Swiss chard chips = swiss chard + olive oil + bake at 400F for 5 minutes.

Garbanzo bean flat bread = equal parts garbanzo bean flour and water + spices of choice + cooked on skillet.

A super loaded quesadilla.
Interested in the quesadilla? Well you're in luck!

Steps:

Mash an avocado, mix with lemon juice and salt/pepper.


Saute garlic, greens of choice (I used swiss chard) and any other veggie (I used a tomato) with olive oil.


Spread veggie mixture on one tortilla and avocado mixture on another. Add cheese.


Heat on a pan.


And repeat with remaining mixture.


Side note: I love corn tortillas. But wheat is definitely the healthier option, obviously.

Also, I have uploaded a couple of new kickboxing videos. Check them out if you get a chance! This time, unlike my Zumba videos, I included some cues, so if you want to follow along it will be a lot easier.

Click here and here to see the videos. The first one is a short, intense section that includes burpees! (Remember those?) The second one is a more cardio friendly workout. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment