Monday, January 9, 2012

Salads for all.

I realized today that it's been quite some time since I've posted any foodie finds.

Oh wait, it's because I have not come across many foodie finds in months. But soon enough, I will be residing so close to a Whole Foods, it will be ridiculous. And it will also be ridiculous how many foodie finds I will be scoring. Patience, friends.

(And by "friends," I really mean myself. Because I am not the patient type).

In other news, is it completely un-trendy that I'm still eating pumpkin? I know it's so two months ago, but it's just so convenient for my breakfasts. Weekday and weekend breakfasts alike! My Saturday morning breakfast was pretty ballin'. If I say so myself.


Whole wheat pumpkin pancakes (one of which was chocolate chip!) with a side of juice. A carrot + celery + cucumber + orange juice. Quite the orange breakfast. 

I used to be so diligent about taking pictures when I went out to eat. And now, I don't. I ate some delicious Nutella and almond-filled crepes, and took zero pictures. Who am I?

But for your visual pleasure, I did take pictures of a salad that I ate at this place called Salad Express. It was basically a non-chain version of Sweet Tomatoes. I hope this makes up for the lack of crepe pictures.


Part of the reason I took the picture was because of the jar of water. For some reason, drinking water out of a jar makes it taste so much more refreshing. Also, I tried pickled okra and I am in love with it. 

Speaking of salads, I decided to eat salad for lunch this week. Very uncharacteristic of me since I can't survive on lettuce alone. So I attempted to make a substantial salad. 


It included: finely chopped romaine and spinach, tomatoes, kidney/pinto/black beans, corn, quinoa, and baked tofu. For dressing, I simply used lemon juice, salt, pepper, and a splash of balsamic vinegar.

Of course, this is only part of my lunch this week. And of course, I am going to keep you in suspense about the other part.

And for now, I am going to sit and keep my feet up because they are in pain from all the Zumba-ing I've been doing lately. This weekend, I went to an absolutely incredible Zumba master class. My vibram-clad feet could no longer move. Good times.


Also a convenient excuse to wear my Zumba attire! Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment