Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winning.

You know what's the worst? When you think you're in great shape, and realize you're actually not after teaching kickboxing for the first time in 4 weeks and proceed to demolish yourself during the class.

I got a little too excited/loud/high impact even for me to handle. As usual.

And I hit a new low when I sat on the couch around 7:30pm and wanted to just go to sleep.

But prior to that, I made a delicious and refreshing treat. A well-deserved treat that just so happens to be quite healthy. Win!


I blended the following:
  • 1/2 cup mango pulp
  • 1/2 cup milk (I used carton coconut milk)
  • 1/4 frozen banana
  • 5 ice cubes

Concoctions like this are helping me transition to my goal of decreasing sugar consumption

Speaking of goals, this week, I've been eating so many veggies, it's ridiculous. And nutritious! This weekend, I  cooked two of my favorite vegetables: brussels sprouts and butternut squash.


Luckily, I had found both of these frozen, which made the preparation even more convenient! To cook the brussels sprouts, I put them in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes. Then, I added the butternut squash to a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil, along with the cooked brussels sprouts, and sauteed until slightly browned. I seasoned the combination simply with salt, pepper, and oregano.

For part of my lunch this week, I've been topping spinach and bell pepper salads with the brussels/butternut squash.


If I wasn't so lazy, I'd probably heat up the cooked veggies and then put them in my salad. But in the morning, one container is enough to deal with. I'm sure you understand.

In other news, I've been eating cooked oatmeal lately (gasp) but only because I'm obsessed with the texture of my sunflower seed butter when it hits the oatmeal.


Have I mentioned how much I love sunflower seed butter?

And to conclude, I have a new life goal after reading this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment