Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Beans...refreshing? Say it ain't so!!!

Oh, but it is.

You have no idea how excited I have been to make this dish. This blog is making me go even more cooking crazy than I was before. But I made way too much chili on Sunday, so I decided to wait a day. And now, I am eating this refreshing meal and listening to Anberlin (to prepare for the concert on Saturday...SO excited!!!). What could be better?

This recipe is for black bean and corn salad. Don't let the word "salad" fool you. This is just as hearty as any other meal!

Veggies:

  • 1 can black beans
  • 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 1 small tomato
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • pickled jalapeno (optional)



Dressing:

  • olive oil
  • lime juice
  • cumin seeds
  • salt/pepper
  • hot sauce (optional)
As for seasoning amounts, I just eyeball it. I like my dressings sour, so I add lots of lime juice and less olive oil. And I also need my food to be so spicy that I'm sweating by the time I'm finished, so I add copious amounts of hot sauce! Speaking of hot sauce, this is my favorite:

From Trader Joe's!


After mixing everything in, I let it sit for about 10 minutes in the fridge to allow the flavors to come together nicely. Def worth the wait, lemme tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment