Sunday, August 14, 2011

Candy Melts?

Hi readers!! Long time no see. Just poppin' in to say hello!

I've had another crazily busy weekend being out and about.

I also taught two Zumba classes within 12 hours. And learned how to make cake pops. And made cilantro hummus. And ate a giant chocolate chip cookie topped with chocolate chip gelato. And danced in fancy high heels.

Just my food/fitness updates in a nutshell! (Dancing counts as fitness, if you ask me!).

Now that I've learned how to make cake pops, I am never going to make them. They consist of a ball of a frosting+cake mixture dipped in candy melts and rolled in sprinkles and/or toppings of choice.

I didn't even know what candy melts were. They are basically small discs of various colors that can be melted in just a few seconds and then harden in another few seconds.

There is no way something like this can be found in nature. And it's not. The ingredient list consists of sugar, partially hydrogenated palm oil, and a million other artificial/processed/chemical ingredients. YUCK!!!

Now let's talk real food. I wanted to share another way to use my strawberry jelly. It isn't the most attractive looking breakfast, but it was incredibly tasty and super filling.


Chia pudding! 2.5 tablespoons chia seeds + 1/2 cup almond milk + 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder. Stir and let sit in the fridge for 5-10 minutes and it becomes similar to tapioca pudding. I added in some cherries and then topped the pudding with the strawberry jelly.

I love the texture of tapioca pudding and this is a much healthier version that I have for breakfast often. I love how filling the chia seeds are, too. Keeps me full for longer than an hour!!

See you tomorrow with a pretty awesome recipe (if I say so myself!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment