Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stuff I Eat.

Lately I've had questions about what exactly I eat.

That probably sounds odd considering I bombard provide you with tons of recipes. I used to do a lot of "this is what I ate today" posts, but this summer has mostly been spent experimenting with new recipes. So for all of my new readers, this post is for you :).

I start off my day with a filling breakfast. Every. Single. Day. I never skip breakfast because it's my favorite meal! (And because I always wake up hungry). I haven't taken that many pictures of my breakfasts lately, but here are a few examples of what I like to eat in the morning:

Large smoothies (milk + 1/2 frozen banana + frozen blueberries or cherries + a couple of spoonful of uncooked oats + chia seeds + sometimes frozen spinach) topped with granola and/or some kind of nut butter.
Overnight oats (1/2 cup oats + milk + chia seeds + frozen berries mixed and set in the fridge overnight, usually top with nut butter in the morning). Bonus: in a nut butter jar! 
Whole grain toast topped with sunflower seed butter or almond butter + jelly/honey/cinnamon/whatever else I feel like.
I'm more of a carb-oriented person in the morning, although sometimes I do have a large enough appetite to stomach an egg in the form of an omelette!

In terms of my lunches/dinners, you've seen pretty much everything there is to see. But just to give you a few (very few!) examples:

Indian food. Whole wheat chapatti + chana (garbanzo beans) + potato curry + spicy mango pickle
Whole wheat pita stuffed with hummus (bonus: homemade!) and veggies of choice and maybe even a homemade veggie burger. I really like making a salad with lettuce or spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers and stuffing it in the pitas.
Stir-frys of all kinds. Usually served with brown rice or quinoa.
Homemade pizzas with whole wheat crust.
And as for snacks, I eat them all the time. Healthy snacks, of course.

Corn on the cob, so good!
Dates stuffed with sunflower seed butter (bonus: stuff them with some chocolate chips and microwave them for a few seconds!)
Banana soft serve: my go-to healthy dessert
Kale chips. Hmmm... this is a good reminder to make some for myself soon!
Hopefully this answers some of your questions and maybe even gives you some meal ideas for the near future. And also, keep those questions coming, I really like hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment