Thursday, November 17, 2011

Insanity.

My metabolism is so confused this week.

I know this really shouldn't be something to complain about, but no matter how much I eat, I don't seem to get satiated. It's becoming a little ridiculous. And I'm running out of snack ideas. Somewhat. (Ideas, anyone?)

I mentioned in my last post that this week's workout schedule was going to be intense.

It was seriously insane. Every day, a different body part has been sore. Today, it's my lower half. I did a spin class yesterday, which I haven't done in...over a year. I actually really enjoyed the class I did yesterday. The reason I usually don't prefer spin classes is because I tend to peddle to the beat of the music, and when an instructor plays slow music but expects the class to be peddling at 120rpm, I just can't. Yesterday, the music went exactly with the pace of the class, which made it a lot more enjoyable, too!

Earlier this week included 4 ab workouts within a 24 hour span. Plus two kickboxing classes and Body Pump.

So now that we all know that I have the motivation for 14 people, let's talk food.

I made two huge meals last weekend, which took 1.5 hours total and I had lunch and dinner ready for every day this week! I was going to post one of these recipes, but decided I was not happy with the pictures (which you will likely see in the next post, but details). So today, I shall catch you up on some foodie items/eating out adventures I have had.

Let us begin!


Tacos are really prevalent here, especially breakfast tacos, which I had never had before. Until this! Above: one fried avocado taco and one egg/cheese taco with avocado. I love avocado. And now I love breakfast tacos.


Coconut milk greek yogurt. I've been wanting to try this for awhile, and this was just as creamy and delicious as I expected it to be. And it's not that coconutty! But I definitely wouldn't make this a habit...it's a little pricey.


This was a BBQ tofu dish from an all-vegetarian restaurant. It sounded really cool on the menu so I ordered it...but I was a bit disappointed. It was basically a block of tofu in tomato paste. I think it would have been more interesting had it had a bit more of the BBQ flavor and maybe something more than just the tofu. I'm determined to re-create this in Tulika-fied form. The mashed potatoes were good, though!


I got this egg/goat cheese/potato pizza for brunch. Sounds fancy, right? And looks even fancier! And it was. The only issue I had was that there was no sauce...which was a little strange. But I think this would have been perfect with pesto!


Vegan jerky. How cool is that?! Quick+filling snack, sign me up! I read about this several weeks ago and decided I was on a mission to try them. The only place that carries these is Whole Foods (of course). I tried three different flavors, each made with a different ingredient. I was a fan of all of them.


Before I tell you what the above picture is, let me first tell you that the key to a healthy lifestyle is moderation. And as you can see, I definitely don't mind "splurging" on unhealthy foods when I eat out. Only because I don't eat out all that often! Plus it makes life more exciting.

Now that I've provided you with that disclaimer...the above was an absolutely delicious (and ridiculous) item I got for another brunch. French toast creme brulee croissants. They were as decadent as they sound. And so worth it.

TFG recommends: In a fitness rut? This might help!

No comments:

Post a Comment