Monday, November 28, 2011

So Yesterday.

So...I have some updates from a really long time ago.

Like, a cranberry sauce recipe. I know, Thanksgiving was so 4 days ago. Hopefully you aren't sick of cranberries and decide to make it because it's a good recipe (if I say so myself). And it's free of added sugar!


I also had too much fun with the cranberry sauce photoshoot. Recipe is here.

Next, I had to share with you the mango pie my mom made for Thanksgiving. Mango pie. Enough said.


Mango pulp + evaporated milk + eggs. I'm not sure the exact ratios, but if you are interested, I could probably obtain them. She used a pre-made graham cracker crust. Mango and graham cracker make a surprisingly delicious combination.

(Not-so-fun fact for all the vegetarians: regular pie crust is made with lard. I had no idea).

Also, a few weeks ago, I made the easiest meal to take to work. I attempted to make a soup, but it turned out to be...something that was not a soup. 


I cooked 1.5 cups of green lentils in 4 cups of vegetable broth with some chopped green onions and garlic. After cooking for about 15 minutes, I added 2 cooked + chopped sweet potatoes and some frozen corn. For seasonings, I just used oregano and pepper. And a pinch of smoked paprika! It cooked for 30-40 minutes total (after soaking the lentils for a few hours).


I ate it atop some brown/wild rice. So hearty!

Lastly, this weekend, I went to a vegan coffee/pastry/frozen yogurt place. It was quite revolutionary! There was an entire menu of vegan blizzards. I of course got the s'mores kind. Of course.


Vegan "fro yo" is really light. The cup was HUGE and yet I didn't feel as heavy as I do after consuming that much regular frozen yogurt. Highly recommend. (And it was delicious. But that was a given).

Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment