Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mish Mash.

I looked through my camera (and phone) and noticed that there were food pictures from far too long ago that have not been posted on this blog.

Not okay!

And hence, this post shall include a mish mash of various recipes/food in general that I have consumed sometime in the recent past.

Firstly, I am still a huge fan of Vegetarian Times magazine. Every now and then, I look to it for recipe inspiration. I recently made two egg-based recipes which I thoroughly enjoyed, and the best part: the recipes were incredibly easy.

The first one is for a Spanish tortilla. I'd never heard of anything like it, but I will definitely be making it again.


The Spanish tortilla is a mix of mashed white beans, a spicy sauce,



eggs, and parsley.


This is cooked on a skillet a crepe-like item is formed. I topped it with more of the spicy sauce and some roasted red bell peppers. The sauce is a combination of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, chili powder, and black pepper.

Another dish I made was called Zucchini Croquettes. But I like to call them Zucchini Pancakes!


But really, they are like zucchini omelettes. I grated zucchini in the Ninja, and whisked it with some eggs, olive oil, and salt/pepper. I ate it alongside some mango salsa.

Speaking of the Ninja, I've been using it so much lately, it is a little out of control.


Hello, hummus!

Today, I made this gazpacho and thanks to the Ninja, it took about 3 seconds to blend. Magic!

Other than obsessing over this blender, I've been bringing back old recipes (as seen from the above gazpacho). I went to the farmer's market last week and saw some lovely spaghetti squashes that were calling my name, and I realized I hadn't used a spaghetti squash in over a year.


I made a zucchini and mushroom tomato sauce and mixed in the spaghetti squash, and topped it with some grated swiss cheese. Fun fact, I am very indifferent towards zucchini...but I just happened to have extra from the zucchini pancakes.

Lastly, I discovered an awesome new restaurant, (almost) all vegetarian and very healthy!


I am so overwhelmed when I look at a menu and I have more than 3 options. I decided on the vegan seaweed club, which included a veggie patty wrapped with seaweed, as well as basil-crusted bean curd. A very interesting twist on a veggie burger which I thoroughly enjoyed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment