Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hello there, obliques.

Remember the time I used to think Zumba was not a good enough workout?

I don't know what I was thinking. Yesterday, I went to a tough Zumba class. It was 1 1/2 hours long, taught by an international presenter! After the marathon of Zumba my feet were seriously unable to move. And this morning I woke up with my sides in pain. Definitely a sign of a good ab workout!

Also remember the time I used to post legitimate recipes? Today is the day I am bringing the recipes back. The past few weeks have been such a fail in the meal planning department, and all it really takes is a little bit of organization. Today, I sat down with one of my Vegetarian Times magazines and looked for some recipe inspiration. And inspired I was!

[cheesy]



Glass Noodle Stir Fry

Ingredients:

  • 2/3 package glass noodles*
  • 1 large eggplant
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli**
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 3 eggs
  • pinch salt
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
  • 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
*Glass noodles can be found in any Asian store or a store that has an Asian food aisle. They are made of mung bean flour, so check the ingredients for this if the package does not indicate what type of noodles they are.
**I used about 1/2 a bag of frozen chopped broccoli.

Boil water in a large pot and cook the noodles.


While the noodles are cooking, prepare the eggplant, broccoli, garlic, and mushrooms in a skillet with the vegetable oil, a pinch of salt, and about 1/4 cup of water. Cook until the eggplant is soft.


Season with hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Then, once the noodles are ready, put the skillet of veggies into the large pot with the noodles.

In the now empty skillet, scramble 3 eggs and then add the scrambled eggs to the noodle and veggie mixture.


Season with desired amount of soy sauce.


Optional: serve with chili paste. (Not optional for me!).

Note: this recipes makes a lot. I planned it out so that I can eat this every night this week for dinner, and from the looks of it, I might even have extras! Being back on the organization train feels oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment