Sunday, November 21, 2010

Commence the holiday festivities!

It's a short week, so I thought I'd incorporate some pumpkin and other Thanksgiving-esque foods for the duration of it.

I got the inspiration to combine pumpkin and almonds for today's recipe from my friend Nick!

Savory Pumpkin Quinoa

I bought some new quinoa recently.


As usual, I sat in the aisle (no, I actually did not stand) at TJ's comparing the nutrition facts of regular quinoa and red quinoa. I concluded that red quinoa has 1 gram more protein and 1 gram less fat than regular quinoa. Plus it looks cool.

I prepared the quinoa. In the mean time, I sauteed some fresh spinach in a drizzle of olive oil.


I added about half a cup of pumpkin puree and some almonds.


When the quinoa was ready, I mixed it in with the pumpkin mixture.


And added some salt and pepper. (Though it tasted quite good even without seasoning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment