Saturday, November 6, 2010

Conclusion of Cabbage Week...

What's for dinner today? Super easy 10 minute stir fry. And not just one, but two plates of it.

I eat a lot. Oh well.

Yesterday, I baked some tofu. 


I marinated it in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, some soy sauce, and some rice vinegar. I was about to put it in the oven, but since I had some extra sauce floating around, I decided to add some frozen broccoli.


I put it in the oven for ~30 minutes (300 degrees), and then flipped each piece. I took it out about 10 minutes later. The bake time depends on how you want the texture of the tofu to turn out.

If you're wondering where all the broccoli went, I ate it before I took the picture.

I stored the tofu in the fridge, and conveniently took it out to use today for my stir fry!

I heated a couple of teaspoons of coconut oil in the skillet (thought I'd continue with the coconut oil theme!) and added some frozen spinach and broccoli. (Frozen veggies are quite convenient).


Then the cabbage and some mushrooms.


For seasoning, I used soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. Then I cut up some of the tofu and added it in just to heat it up.


Served with my favorite spicy hot sauce. So good, you'll want seconds! Or maybe that's just me.

P.S. I changed up my regular post-work out protein shake today. Thought those of you who drink protein shakes would perhaps be interested!


In the blender: milk (regular, almond, or coconut--not canned! all work great), 1 scoop protein powder, and 1 heaping spoonful of pumpkin puree. Stir in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Delish and festive!

I normally make (frozen) strawberry protein shakes. Also, the chia seeds are a new addition. I realized they kind of remind me of tapioca when they become gel-like. It's pretty cool.

2 comments:

Namaste gurl said...

Looks quite similar to my eats recently-- I'm glad I continue to inspire you!

Here's to good eats....

NG

Tulika said...

hahaha, now that you point it out, it does look pretty similar to your recent posts! Strangely, i didn't even think about it...this was completely random on my part. But you do inspire me with your recipes all the time!!

Post a Comment