Monday, November 15, 2010

New COOKING Video + Cauliflower!

Hello, cauliflower week!

And hello, Tulika's first cooking video! Due to popular demand, I finally decided to record a video. Super cheesy. Like, super cheesy. But that's what makes it fun. We'll get to the video soon.

Today, I decided to make a Cauliflower Baked Dish (Featuring Ricotta Cheese!)

(Quite the original name. I know).

Ingredients:
  • cauliflower (chopped)
  • olive oil
  • tomato sauce or tomato paste (a really small amount)
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • ricotta cheese
  • milk
  • egg whites
  • parsley
  • parmesan cheese
  • breadcrumbs
  • salt/pepper/nutmeg to taste

First, preheat the oven to 375.

Saute the garlic in a drizzle of olive oil over the stove. Quickly add the tomato sauce and saute for a couple of minutes. Then add the cauliflower.


Cover and let it cook for about 5 minutes.

In the meantime, combine a 1:1:1/2 ratio of ricotta cheese, egg whites, and milk. (I made that up on the spot. It worked, but I really could not tell you the exact amount of each that I used). Then add chopped parsley, some parmesan, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.


Then, prepare the breadcrumbs. Instead of putting a slice of bread in the blender, I used this wonderful fibrous cereal.


(I was debating using actual grape nuts. But that probably would have broken the blender).

Throw a handful of the cereal into the blender, and you have nice breadcrumbs!


Add the cauliflower into the bowl, mix with the sauce, and put them in the baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs.


Put this in the oven for about 20 minutes. I topped mine with roasted butternut squash seeds and crushed red pepper.


Complete!

Now for the videos. It's kind of a re-cap of the above, but the cooking video is just an experiment for now. Enjoy! (And seriously...excuse the cheesiness. I can't help it sometimes. Especially if I'm pretending I'm on my own cooking show).



(If the videos don't play for you, I've posted them on youtube! Click here for part one and click here for part two).

Food Network, here I come? Just kidding.

Thank you to my awesome readers for the feedback (which is why I made this video in the first place!) I'm definitely open to more comments and feedback, especially regarding whether you'd like to see more videos, pictures, or both? Or if you have any new ideas? Please let me know! 

2 comments:

Sheila said...

hi tulika :) heh sorry for being such a persistent follower. but wait they make grape nut FLAKES?! i just have the grape nuts. which taste like rocks.
more importantly, the video won't play!

Tulika said...

Sheila! Thanks so much for letting me know. I just posted the links to the videos on youtube!

And yes, grape nut flakes are so much easier to swallow than grape nuts (although I must admit, I sometimes like the rock-like texture of grape nuts...so I mix the two together heh)

Post a Comment