Monday, September 12, 2011

Failblog.

I was typing up a post which was to compile the photos from the eating out I did this summer. Only to look through my food pictures folder and find that I deleted all of the pictures I didn't use.

Big fail. (Anyone get my failblog reference? Hah!)

I'm pretty sure I deleted those pictures because they were blurry, so maybe it worked out in the end.

Luckily, I've eaten out a few times recently. Hopefully that makes up for the enormous restaurant review that was once this post. 

First up: the most interesting vegetarian sushi I've ever had, which happened to be from Tokyo Bowl.


From left to right: sweet rice inside a tofu pocket, yam tempura/avocado roll, shitake mushroom roll. 

SO GOOD! This coming from someone who isn't the biggest fan of vegetarian sushi...because really, it's always the same.

Next: a very intriguing pizza place called Bombay Pizza Co.


This pizza included the usual tomato/basil/mozzarella, as well as paneer, chutney, and "Bombay pizza sauce." Not only were the toppings so unusual (and of course delicious), but the crust was as thin as a cracker. I LOVED it!! My only complaint was that the paneer was really lacking. Literally...I didn't even find any on the pizza. So sad.

Next, let's talk sweets from La Madeleine.


This was a gigantic crepe with a cream sauce and fresh strawberries. Yeah. I ate it so fast I didn't realize how heavy that cream sauce was. Ouch. But it was worth it!

Since we're on the topic of sweet breakfasts, let's conclude with a pancake I recently made. I've been on a pancake spree ever since I bought a box of whole grain pancake mix. 


I like to top my pancakes with almond butter and real maple syrup...but this time instead of the maple syrup I made a strawberry+peach compote. Sounds fancy, but really all I did was microwave the fruit in a bowl and then mash them. 

And now, I'm off to resolve a huge problem. I can't find chia seeds here. And I need them ASAP! Online shopping, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment