Thursday, September 1, 2011

Peaches 'n' cream.

I have not yet cooked a real meal at my new place and yet my fridge is almost at capacity. I don't understand. But I can tell you for sure that if I were to nominate the best on-the-go breakfast, it would be oatmeal. I'm not a huge fan of hot oatmeal, but it is quite convenient. Before I left, I put some oats, chia seeds, dried cranberries, and nuts into a ziploc bag and it was ready to go with some milk or water! Oh, and I also topped it with my crumbly sunflower seed butter which also travels quite well!

My first breakfast at my new place was another bowl of oatmeal. But this time, it included some fresh peaches.  Peaches 'n' cream oatmeal, if you will. Not related to the instant kind you get in a box. I say nay to those boxed oatmeals with too much sugar!


Quite good, I must say, despite the fact that oatmeal is not my preferred breakfast of choice. I think it was those peaches that made the difference! But enough about oatmeal.

Remember the time I posted this picture and didn't tell you what it was?


My recipe for this egg (white) drop soup is up on Greatist. Go check it out! It's a super healthy, low-calorie soup that can definitely be eaten chilled.

And now to go check out the overflowing fridge for some food. And maybe get in a workout. Perhaps. I haven't exercised since last week...yikes! But I've been moving stuff, and I like to think that totally counts as a workout. As I like to say, whatever gets you moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment