Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's been awhile...

Apparently I've lost all of my time management skills! Transitioning back to full days has been tough. Especially after doing NOTHING for the past couple of months.

Sigh. I miss those days. 

Needless to say, I haven't done much this past week besides work. And then I attempted to have a social life this weekend. 

Let's just say that blogging has taken a back seat. But never fear, TFG is back!!

All week I've been eating lasagna for dinner and some kind of really quick lunch. I packed my lunch the past couple of days, which was just a spinach salad


along with an almond butter sandwich, a fruit, and some nuts for a snack.

I've been eating a lot of salad lately, but only because I realized that the vegetables in my fridge were soon going to turn mushy. Gross.

So I've been spicing up the salads a little. Have you ever seen this before?


Meatless AND soy-free! These are actually made of mycoprotein which is found in mushrooms. I'm a fan. I added it to this huge salad a few days ago along with some roasted chickpeas. 


My other favorite way of using up vegetables is by making salsa. I also had some peaches that were getting a little squishy so I made peach salsa!


I also blended it a little to change up the consistency. Salsa is the best, you can basically include whatever you feel like/have on hand and then just stick it on a tortilla with some beans. Or you can just use chips like a normal person would. (Not me). 


I also included sweet potatoes and spinach on my tortilla. The corn+wheat kind--my new fav!

Enough salads/raw veggies for awhile. More dinners-in-a-day soon! (Not to be confused with Rachel Ray's Week In A Day).

No comments:

Post a Comment