Sunday, September 4, 2011

Island Fresh.

I haven't lived so close to a body of water until now. Apparently that has something to do with the humidity factor.

But this water business also results in lots of seafood restaurants. Who woulda thought? Not I. 

The very first real meal that I cooked in my new place was inspired by the plethora of seafood restaurants I saw on the boardwalk. 


Super easy, super healthy, and a super awesome way to trick your meat-eating friends into eating vegetarian! Win^3.

I like to call these Island Fresh Tacos (inspired by fish tacos). 

Here's the lowdown. 

  • Pan fried tofu (cut into strips)
  • Raw red cabbage
  • Pico de gallo
  • Greek yogurt
  • Salsa verde
  • Freshly squeezed lime juice

Served alongside some spanish brown rice.


Eating these made me feel like I was actually on an island. Is that weird?


I don't think so. In fact, it's weird if you don't try this.

Just kidding. Peer pressure anyone?


Told you these would be worth the wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment