Thursday, May 5, 2011

Adventures with SP.

SP = sweet potato.

I promised you that I was going to show you what I've been doing with another one of my favorite veggies. I feel like sweet potatoes are always on sale. I'm not complaining.

This is going to be another short post, but don't you worry. I will be back in full force after tomorrow...which is the day of my last final exam ever ever ever!!!

So I'll try to let the pictures speak for themselves. (Yeah, right).

Yesterday, I biked home at noon. Side note, I had a hair tie around my wrist, and when I came home, I noticed that the hair tie left a nice tan line around my wrist. Gosh, sometimes AZ is out of control.

Anyway, it was lunch time, and all I wanted was a nice, cold salad. This is very uncharacteristic of me, especially when I'm hungry! So...remember the time I made some crispy, marinated tempeh? I still had (and have) a lot of tempeh slices to cook. I decided to make a hot and cold salad and top it with the tempeh. After I cooked it, of course.


I don't usually have "salad beasts," but I'm pretty sure this falls under the category of a "salad beast." It included:
  • spinach
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 2 carrots
  • 1/2 roasted sweet potato
  • 3 crispy tempeh slices
  • 3-4 generous spoonfuls of hummus
  • drizzle of balsamic
  • goat cheese crumbles


Hot sweet potato and tempeh + cold veggies and hummus was a nice combination. 

Next: a pasta salad/stir-fry type meal. These days I just throw together whatever I happen to have and somehow make it work!


This one included:
  • kale/mushroom/peas sauteed in olive oil
  • 1/2 roasted sweet potato
  • leftover cooked pasta
  • salt/pepper


It was kind of nice without adding any sauce. Sometimes veggies have the best flavor on their own! (Maybe I am a little crazy).

Another super simple one:


Kale salad, sweet potato (cut, microwaved, topped with pepper), and a slice of french bread with nutritional yeast. It took 1 minute to make. I was tired.

And lastly...a baked sweet potato!


With some melted Smart Balance, nutritional yeast, and pepper. So good!!

See you soon with some long-awaited creative recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment