Sunday, May 1, 2011

Your ideas. I steal them.

You've probably been wondering why I've been lacking in the creativity department these days.

I've been wondering the same thing.

Just kidding. The reason is that I am completely done with school this Friday. And I don't mean I'm done for the summer.

I mean done. Forever. (Probably).

Anyway, I'm sure you understand that with the end of the semester comes 2,000 assignments/exams/projects and those good ol' Master's defenses. All at once. Because life isn't interesting enough.

My brain hasn't been able to multi-task with school and the process of brainstorming creative meal ideas.

So...I do things like steal people's ideas. I hope you don't mind.

Remember the time I posted about hummus? Sheila gave me a wonderful way to use hummus. I could not WAIT to try her idea! It is absolutely ingenious. Mostly because it combines many of my favorite foods items.

Vegan Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 heaping spoonfuls hummus
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
  • optional: spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.

I used two different flavors of hummus: original and cracked chili pepper.


In a pot over medium heat, combine the olive oil, almond milk, and hummus. Stir until the mixture is smooth (just a few minutes), then add the nutritional yeast.


And some spinach for good measure!


I stirred the spinach in until it was softened. 

Pour over your favorite pasta.


So easy. So healthy. And so delicious! 

It tastes just like real alfredo sauce with a little kick/nuttiness from the hummus!!! This is amazing.

I completed my meal with a nice well-rounded dessert smoothie.

Milk + 1/2 frozen banana + 1 spoon cashew butter
I must say that was quite a filling meal!!

Tomorrow is my last day teaching TurboKick at the rec...you might be seeing some more kickboxing videos in the near future as a result of my teaching withdrawals!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE trying new ideas from other bloggers! It makes life more interesting :-)Good luck with al the school madness!

Post a Comment