Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rockin.

***Announcement: check out Kate's blog, A Healthy Passion, for a guest post that I wrote--if you're a fan of dessert, you won't want to miss it!***

And for all of the new readers that have stopped by, welcome! Hope that you enjoy the blog. :)

I took several days off from working out last week to study for my finals, etc. A couple of days ago, I decided to ease myself back into it by doing a bodyrock workout. Ease myself into it? What was I thinking?!

I did the 6 minute workout and the first half of this workout.

At the time, it seemed like no big deal. It was just a 10 minute workout. But boy, did I feel it in my quads the next day! And still today! Calorie KO (fitness class), here I come?

But really, this week, I am going to milk the fitness classes for all they are worth...well, what's left of them for the semester. Sigh.

Anyway, at the farmer's market on Sunday, I bought some baba ghanoush,


some hummus, a huge bag of greens (mustard greens, beet greens, kale, and spring mix), broccolini,


and some pitas. I had some plans to experiment with the broccolini, but before doing so, I took the easy route.

I sauteed some broccolini with mustard greens and garlic in olive oil.


I halved a pita and toasted the pieces, then spread baba ghanoush inside one half, and hummus inside the other. Then I stuffed the pitas with the broccolini mixture!


Really good, and it took all of 5 minutes to make. It was more of a quick snack than a full meal, though.

So let's rewind back to the end of this weekend, where I had more fun foodie adventures! (Is this what life is like post-graduation? I sure hope so).

I got to go to Armitage, which is a super nice wine bar/restaurant. On Sunday they have happy hour almost all day, which means cheap appetizers!!!


I split a couple of items:

Toasted ravioli with spicy marinara dipping sauce.
Bruschetta: roasted tomato & garlic, brie & green apple, mushroom & gorgonzola.
The toasted ravioli was GREAT!! I expected it to be oily because it reminded me so much of mozzarella sticks. Luckily, it had very little oil, and it had definitely been baked. It was crispy on the outside with a ricotta filling that burst out with each bite.

As for the bruschetta, my favorite was the brie and green apple. I'm a fan of the apple and cheese combo!!

I know I've been promising you some creative recipes for a while...but this time, I mean it.


I got this book from Bookman's this weekend. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Claire @ Un Bello Aperitivo said...

The pita creation sounds delicious...baba ganouj and hummus are pretty much the best things ever!

Post a Comment