Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New! {Photos and Videos}

Lately, I've been focusing on things I've been wanting to do for awhile and haven't had the chance.

Like recording some fitness videos in the rec fitness room.

New Zumba video:


A couple of new TurboKick videos:



I got a little too into it when I was cueing the finale video. Hopefully it will give you motivation if you decide to follow along!!

I've also been receiving some photography lessons from my sister. Much needed photography lessons! She also took some pictures for me and edited them. Hence why some pictures on this post are infinitely better than others!

I decided to make this week cabbage week, despite the fact that I've dedicated a week to cabbage before. A few days ago, my mom asked me for cabbage recipe ideas, and I was suddenly inspired to buy a cabbage. And now I have this gigantic head of red cabbage to finish. If you weren't aware, it's really difficult for one person to finish a whole cabbage. 

So here are a couple of ways I've been including cabbage:

Cabbage + tempeh bacon tacos.


If you haven't noticed, I've been putting that tempeh bacon on everything. It's so versatile and adds a ton of protein! This taco included sauteed black beans/cabbage/spinach, tempeh bacon, shredded cheese, and salsa on a corn tortilla.

Coleslaw.


Red Cabbage and Spinach Coleslaw

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 red cabbage, chopped
  • 1 handful fresh spinach (~1 cups), chopped
  • 3 baby carrots, grated
  • 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/8 cup white vinegar
  • a little over 1/8 cup mayonaisse (I used olive oil-based, Veganaise will also work well)
  • black pepper/oregano to taste

In a bowl, combine the chopped veggies. In a separate bowl, mix together almond milk, vinegar, mayo, pepper, and oregano to a sauce-like consistency. Pour the creamy sauce into the veggie bowl.


Toss and refrigerate until ready to eat.


Pitas.


I stuffed two pita halves with coleslaw and a Morningstar "California Turk'y" veggie burger. I hardly ever eat veggie burgers anymore, but this was so good!! Don't worry, I probably won't revert back to my old ways of daily veggie burger consumption.

I've been eating some non-cabbage items also. I don't want to get sick of cabbage before finishing the entire head. Seriously, I still have over half of the cabbage left. 

Summer fruit.


Watermelon! If it's in front of me, I find it incredibly difficult not to eat the entire thing. At least it's a good form of hydration?

Rice and veggies.

And the making of other bloggers' recipes, such as Mama Pea's Mmm Sauce. I've been wanting to try this sauce since the day she posted the recipe, and I finally got around to it. I actually ate spoonfuls of it after making it. 

And then I used it in a productive manner on top of some brown rice and veggies (black beans, corn, olive, and spinach). With a splash of salsa.


I think this is enough reading (and watching!) material for you for today. 

But one last thing...

Cabbage recipe ideas? Anyone?

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hey girl - love the salads, i'll have to try that dip when im not juice fasting. I kind of sped through the photos -its hard to look at food when your hungry ;) Keep up the good work :)

Post a Comment