Wednesday, January 26, 2011

French 'n' Creamy.

Yesterday I mentioned I had breakfast for dinner.

I was being dramatic. Kind of. Unless quiche is not considered a breakfast food. I think it may be one of those versatile meals that doesn't have a classification.

Either way, this is a good recipe. It's also useful as it makes leftovers for a couple of days.

Crustless Spinach Quiche

Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)
  • 1/2 bag frozen spinach
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • olive oil
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used parmesan)
  • 1/8 cup almond milk (or any milk)
  • 4 eggs

Saute the spinach and garlic in olive oil until the spinach has thawed. Add the red peppers and saute for a bit longer.


Spray a baking dish (preferably pie-sized) with non-stick and transfer the spinach mixture into it.


Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add the milk.


Stir in the cheese, and then pour evenly over the spinach mixture.


Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes. I checked it after 15 minutes and sprinkled some paprika on top.


Creamy, cheesy, and still quite healthy!


I recommend eating this with a spicy salsa--great combination!

FYI: tomorrow is the day that I will be completing my spinach challenge. This will be a test not only for my digestive system but also for my creativity, since I will have to find ways to incorporate spinach into all of my meals and snacks. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment