Friday, January 14, 2011

Roasted.

Today I made some simple roasted veggies.

Remember the time I made roasted veggies? Oh wait, there have been several times. Maybe even more.

This time I tried it with brussels sprouts. And some red bell pepper and tomatoes I happened to have.


I coated these with olive oil, oregano, and black pepper, and roasted them in the oven at 325F. After 10 minutes, I got impatient and checked on the progress.

Some of the brussels leaves became crispy and almost identical to kale chips!

I let the veggies roast for 30-35 minutes, adding olive oil and salt 10 minutes before taking them out. Oh, and I also topped the tomatoes with swiss cheese.


The tomatoes were nice and juicy, and the brussels perfectly crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside!


Let's take another look at that melted swiss...


Oh yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment