Friday, January 28, 2011

Throwin' in the towel.

I've taught three aerobics classes in the past week. The calorie burning has been through the roof this week.

This has been my fitness schedule the past seven days:

Saturday: taught Zumba (60 min)
Sunday: attended TurboKick (60 min)
Monday: taught TurboKick (60 min)
Tuesday: attended Butts 'n' Guts & Calorie Knock Out (80 min)
Wednesday: attended cardio kickboxing (60 min)
Thursday: attended Butts 'n' Guts & Calorie Knock Out (80 min)
Friday: taught TurboKick & attended Zumba (120 min)

I don't recommend this schedule. Well, I do because I had a fantastic work out each day. But I don't because it's pretty exhausting.

So, tonight I made the executive decision to take a rest day tomorrow. To ensure that I don't wake up in the morning tomorrow with a strong urge to go to the gym, I straightened my hair.

And now I will definitely not be working out tomorrow!

In other news, I've come up with the perfect recipe for a post-work out protein shake. This is unlike any other protein shake I've made before. I actually dare to call it delicious. And yet, it's so simple.

Chocolate "Milkshake" 


Blend unsweetened non-dairy milk (ie. almond, coconut, or hemp) with 1/2 frozen banana and 1 scoop chocolate protein powder.

It really, really tastes like a chocolate milkshake. And those of you who consume protein powder regularly know how horrible it tastes. This somehow makes that horrible protein taste disappear! Also, the reason for using non-dairy milk is because compared to skim dairy milk, it is creamier and has a sweeter taste.

A few days ago, I made waffles. Today, I made more. I didn't expect this to happen, since I had all kinds of leftovers. But sometimes, appetite calls.

This time, I made guilt-free no sugar added waffles.

(And in addition, they do not contain butter/oil!!!)

Ingredients: (Makes one)
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon flax seeds
  • 1 egg (I used egg substitute)
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (may need more or less, depending on consistency of batter)
  • 1/4 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder


I topped my hot, crispy waffle with almond butter and real maple syrup. Now that I've experience melted almond butter, I'm not sure if I will ever go back to regular.


I realize I've been neglecting swiss chard, despite declaring this week swiss chard week. Never fear! Tomorrow I will be posting an exciting recipe featuring chard. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment