Thursday, January 6, 2011

Greetings from Costa Rica!

Or should I say "Pura vida!"

I really have not updated in quite some time. My apologies. I promise once winter break ends (and I am not on vacation) I will have recipes aplenty.

For now, I'll post some of the delicious vegetarian foods I've had in Costa Rica so far.

A simple cabbage salad with a lovely presentation! See the mango-esque fruit in the top right corner? That's called a peach palm. It has the texture of garbanzo bean and a neutral taste with a sweet aftertaste. 

Eggplant parmesan sandwich. SO DELICIOUS. 

A typical Costa Rican meal (minus the meat): white rice, black beans, fried plantains, and a huge chunk of cheese. This meal also included scrambled eggs, a side salad, and sauteed veggies. 

Other delicious items:




Stay tuned for the next Costa Rican food update!

1 comment:

Post a Comment