Monday, January 24, 2011

More Upgrades and More Greens!

First and foremost, check out the left side of my blog. You can now subscribe to my posts via email! This will be convenient for those loyal fans and dedicated readers who are not friends with me on Facebook or Twitter and are unable to keep up to date when I've published a new post.

Hopefully this works. If all goes well after you've subscribed, you will receive an email each time I update. {Edited to add: yes, this works! I tried this out by subscribing myself. You will receive a daily email that includes the latest post in its entirety in your inbox.}

Today, I taught my first TurboKick class of the semester. I don't know what possessed me to include three turbos in the first class. (Turbo is the hardest and fastest part of the class. It's three minutes long and includes both anaerobic and aerobic exercises). 

And for some reason, I was talking incessantly throughout the class. Perhaps that was my coping mechanism for actually wanting to just lie down and go to sleep.

Anyway, check out the green protein shake I made after class.


Originally, I had planned for this to be my dinner. (HAH). So the ingredient list is pretty ridiculous for a post-workout protein shake.

Ingredients:
  • almond milk
  • frozen spinach (~1 cup)
  • few slices of frozen banana
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 8 baby carrots, steamed and cooled
  • 1 tablespoon hemp seeds


I realize that the combination sounds odd. It was actually a pretty awesome smoothie. Spinach and carrots don't have strong flavors, so the entire combination tasted like bananas.


I didn't have plans to make dinner because my class ends at 7:40pm. And I ate beforehand.

Sometimes, you just can't control your appetite. Unfortunately. So this is what I made in 5 minutes.

Mushroom Bruschetta

Two slices ciabatta bread, topped with frozen mushrooms. [Side note: I thawed the mushrooms in the microwave].


Topped with 1/2 slice swiss cheese on each slice of bread.


Bake at 350F for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.


This definitely did the trick.


Can I emphasis further how much I love carbs after working out? Specifically after I've screamed my lungs out after teaching a kickboxing class? No. I cannot. [Side note: check out the comments on this post for information on why it's not advantageous to completely eliminate carbs for weight loss purposes].

No comments:

Post a Comment