Sunday, January 23, 2011

Make this. I dare you.

Speaking of dares, last night, my roommate Alyssa dared me to eat (in any form) an entire bag of frozen spinach in one day.

Those are the kinds of shenanigans that occur in a health nut household.

I decided to follow through with the dare sometime this week. Then I thought, why not declare this week spinach week?

Then I thought, why not use a fancier type of spinach? And now it is swiss chard week.

There is no better way to start the week than by eating a creamy, delicious swiss chard and artichoke dip. And guess what? It's healthy!

Ingredients:
  • 2 large chard leaves
  • 3/4 cup chopped artichokes (I used marinated and rinsed them with water)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons 0% Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • salt/pepper

Check out the huge leaves on this chard.


Chop the chard and mince the garlic.


Heat the olive oil and toss in the garlic and chard. Allow the chard to shrink and then add the artichokes.


Add the yogurt.


Add the almond milk. Lastly, add the cheese, salt, and pepper.


Mix and put into a baking dish. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.


Sprinkle more parmesan on top and broil for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted to desired consistency.


I ate my dip with some toasted ciabatta bread. 


Verdict: best. dinner. ever. And this is definitely my best food experiment so far.


Alyssa also gave it a two thumbs up. So make this. ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment